Your Subtitle text
Showing: 186-190 of 205
Larry Kratka said:   June 25, 2009 4:21 am PST
I worked at Ch 30 from roughly 1972 to 1978 in the production department under Phil Mikin...who now does a daily talk show on WDRC-AM. I worked with Beth and Ivor Hugh, Bill Hennessey and Penny Robbie on the news set and other great guys like engineers Bobby Caldwell, Mark Chase and Joe Dimaggio. It was because of Joe that I entered the world of ham radio. Also worked with the late Denis Sedory, a director for several years before his untimely death. I left Ch. 30 in 1978 to pursue a radio career in Fort Pierce, Florida. I'm still doing radio news....only now in Pittsfield, MA at WUPE/WBEC. LK

Paul Resnik said:   June 17, 2009 3:47 am PST
I spent many years in Ct. radio. I worked for WAVZ twice. In the early 70's as "Cash Sunshine" doing mornings when John Long was the PD. I came back to WAVZ 3 years later as "Sunshine" when Chuck Martin was PD. I also did mornings at WHCN as Eddie Haskell when Daniel Hayden was PD, Gary Horn was my partner during those daze. I did two stints at WPLR as well. I was "Paul Taylor" during the change from WNHC-FM to "Popular 99, WPLR" I came back many years later as "Eddie Haskell" as PD and afternoon drive personality. I now live near Daytona Beach in Fl. I work for Symantec Corp as a Sr. Multi-Media Producer. I've been with them for 14 years now. This is a wonderful site and has brought back many memories for me. Thanks!

Tom Smith said:   June 12, 2009 9:17 am PST
Great start! The stories, indeed, are incredible!

Ron Berger said:   June 3, 2009 6:53 am PST
I spent alot of great time on Meriden Mountain. We first went live in Sept. of '69, and the trek up the mountain was one I looked forward to every day. I remember having to park my car at the base of the mountain during a snowstorm, and relieve a tired and very thankful Larry Titus who had been on the air for an eternity. Before he left, he showed me the hotplate and some frozen food in the fridge.....many sides of albums were played overnight.....including some dead air while trying to get some rest!!! After 18-20 hours or so, someone finally came to relieve me, and after a 2 hour stroll down the mountain in knee deep snow, I was able to dig my car out and make it back to Hartford and finally get some rest!!!!

Harry Derwent Thomas said:   May 30, 2009 3:54 pm PST
Anwyl Ifwr Huw! (Greetings Ivor Hugh) Ma'r fi yn gwbod a'r chi ddym yn siarag Cymraig, so I shall do my best in Sysnaig (English). As you are able to deduce, I am ddyn Cymraig having been born in Bryn Teg, Ynys Mon (Anglesey) in 1931 and having migrated through Gananoque, Ontario (where I learned how to speak Cysnaig) to the US whilst still a youth of about 6-7 years. In 1942-43 (?) our family immigrated to Freeport, Long Island where I lived until 1984 when My dear (now departed in 1995) wife and I relocated to Connecticut in pursuit of a more favourable position at work. I an now 77 years old and quite enjoying life. My present wife (since 1999) and I are fasithful listeners to WJMJ. Please keep up the good programming!! Cofion, Harry "hen"

Sign My Guest Book

Website Builder