WDAK, 1150 AM, was licensed by the Hartford Courant on June 1, 1922, six months before Doolittle got his license for the station which would eventually become WDRC, making it one of the first stations in the state. It operated with 100 watts of power.
WDAK does not show up on the Department of Commerce 1927 record of US broadcast stations so it must be assumed that the WDAK license was deleted some time prior to that year.
WDAK Hartford CT (The Courant)
June 1, 1922, 360 meters (833kc) W72 40 23 N41 44 58
Ap;ril 1, 1923 Service E (entertainment)
June 1, 1923 Change to 261m 1150kc
February 1924 161m 100w entertainment
Sept. 2, 1924 DELETED
From a 2010 family history written by Ed Daniel:
"Mary T. 'Minnie' (Grace) Crean played a part in CT radio broadcast history, performing (with her son John) on-the-air on July 1, 1922, a few weeks after the start-up of the first radio station in Hartford, WDAK, which was the third licensed station in CT. She was featured soloist in "New Britain Night" concerts broadcast live from the Hartford Courant's pioneering "radio-phone" station (predecessor to WTIC) in 1922, 1923 and 1924. In the latter broadcast she was joined by her sons John and Gerald who played and sang Irish melodies."