350 kHz, Putnam, CT
WINY first signed on the air on May 1, 1953 under the call letters WPCT, which stood for "Putnam, CT". The station was founded by three French Canadian businessmen from Central Falls, Rhode Island named Goyette, Lanthier, and Cote. The call letters were changed to WINY in September 1960 when the station was purchased by the Herbert C. Rice family and the Winny Broadcasting Company. The call letters were changed to represent the station's new mascot, "Winny, The Community Gal," who was a counterpart to the mascot at sister station WILI (AM), "Willie, The Community Man." The family combined the operations of the two stations into Nutmeg Broadcasting Company, which would go on to own a total of five radio stations throughout Connecticut, including WNTY-AM Southington, WLIS Old Saybrook and WILI-FM Willimantic.
WINY changed hands in 1990 to the Gerardi Broadcasting Corporation, and once more in 2001 to the current owners, the Osbrey Broadcasting Company.
WINY (1350 AM) operates during the daytime with 5,000 watts of power, and at 79 watts nighttime. Its studios and transmitter are located in Putnam, Connecticut.